Monday, July 14, 2008

Podcasting not peas in the pod

Being summer, when I hear the word pod I go first to peas and then to Orcas. But that's not what they mean is it? Each podcast I listened to seemed different, so there is lots of variety out there. It would be fun to try out more of these, but I have put myself on an extreme time constraint with the rest of these assignments. I am trying to limit myself to the hour we were told it would take. So far, I'm not doing very well. It is so much easier to do this when I can be uninterrupted, which isn't very often. And having your own machine so you didn't have to log on and off would be a great benefit too. But in the meantime, instead of exploring to my hearts content, I am trying to do the minimum to get the assignment finished. It's like being in school all over again, and it's the end of the semester.

I listened to several but for now settled on NPR and oops a library site focused on marketing whose name I have already forgotten. There is lots to be learned, I just have to pay attention. It is good to see and hear different perspectives. Once people learn how to use pod casts, I think there might be a wide variety of interests for library users. Yes, I have both listened to and created pod casts; it's lots of fun. The creating can be a real challenge since we have very few sound proof or even sound resistant rooms at our disposal. But it's still very hands on.

No comments: